Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Don't let a tired excuse of winning a contest influence you

Have you ever received mail from let's say Readers Digest along the lines of, "Confirmation of Money on Reserve", "72 Hours Notice Delivery", "Urgent Action Required - Important financial documents enclosed", or even the classic "with $250,000 at stake please make the right decision".

This "right" decision my friends will earn you less the cost of so joining and participating in such a contest which most of the times require you to spend and buy some obsolete or hopelessly to gather dust in a far out of reach place and easily forgotten spot once you receive it.

Tell me, just how gullible are you? I'll admit that I spend thousands in my foolish youth entering such contests (i.e. Readers' Digest) but never once getting a prize. Not that I do not enjoy reading this magazine but sometimes recycling a read every now and then. Funny thing is, I still find it a good 2nd or more read over time. Anyway I always managed to convince my smart side to go along with the flow and buy these items of waste as I could never believe why I should not win instead of those "smart" looking people that they always publish as winners.

Enough said...don't let a tired excuse of winning a contest influence you...period

No comments:

Post a Comment